There are no learning prerequisites for taking this course providing you have a minimum of Level 1 for literacy and numeracy.
This course is assessed internally by Axela Training.
The qualification is achieved by completing the 4 mandatory units of the course.
The learning outcomes from this course are as follows:
- Understand what dementia is.
- Understand the key features of the theoretical models of dementia.
- Understand the most common types of dementia and what causes them.
- Understand how people live with dementia and the impact of dementia on their lives.
- Understand how to work with a person with dementia in a person-centred approach whilst working in an inclusive manner for people of all diversities.
- The role of a Care Worker in supporting individuals with dementia and the value of this relationship.
- Understand the role of others in supporting individuals with dementia.
- Communication with individuals with dementia and encouraging communication.
- Interactions with individuals with dementia.
Please get in touch to discuss your requirements so that we can tailor our learning experience to suit your needs. We are able to deliver this course at your office location or use our relationships with venues throughout the UK to host group training sessions.
This is a Highfield accredited course.