This is a 1 day course which looks at what reablement means, the value of reablement and how it differs from traditional home care. It examines some of the principles that reablement is based on and highlights the key elements of a reablement service.
The learning outcomes from this course are as follows:
- Understand reablement and how it differs from traditional home care.
- Understand agreed goals as set by other roles working with service user (Occupational Therapist and Hospital Discharge Team). Support plans, provide care and support in line with the reablement goals.
- Understand and respond to the reactions (positive and negative) that the family of a person undertaking reablement may have.
- Recognise when agreed goals have been achieved.
- Recognise when agreed goals/independence are unlikely to be fully realised and support a service user through the handover to another provider or to give information as to the next plan of action.
Please get in touch to discuss your requirements so that we can tailor our learning experience to suit your needs.