This is a half day course which looks diabetes and explores how to support individual with their care needs.
The learning outcomes from this course are as follows:
- Learn about legal frameworks, policies and guidelines relating to diabetes.
- Understand symptoms of diabetes (Type1, Type 2, Hypoglycaemia and Hyperglycaemia) and also the treatments for Type 1 and Type 2 diabetes.
- Understand diabetes management (including the food pyramid).
- Understand how to support service users with their diabetes management and the importance of diet for service users with diabetes.
- Understand your role as a Care Worker; when and how to support service users with diabetes.
- Understand syringes and blood testing sharps around the home and how to store and dispose them correctly.
Please get in touch to discuss your requirements so that we can tailor our learning experience to suit your needs.
Book this course
Please fill in the form below, or alternatively you can call us on 0208 964 7840