This half day course is about understanding what dementia is and how people are affected by it. As a result, you will be confident in delivering the highest quality care to individuals affected by dementia.
The learning outcomes from this course are as follows:
- You will understand what dementia is and how people are affected by it. Various forms of dementia will be explained.
- You will also get to understand first hand experiences of service users living with dementia.
- Understanding how to adapt your delivery of care to individuals with dementia.
- Understand legal frameworks, policy and guidelines relating to dementia.
- The sort of support you can expect caring for someone with dementia.
- Support a service user to live well with dementia in a dignified manner.
- Support a service user to remain as independent as possible.
- An understanding of how to give person centred care.
Please get in touch to discuss your requirements so that we can tailor our learning experience to suit your needs. We are able to deliver this course at your office location or use our relationships with venues throughout the UK to host group training sessions.
Book this course
Please fill in the form below, or alternatively you can call us on 0208 964 7840