The Care Certificate is the fundamental care standard that all new Care Workers need to demonstrate competency in as they embark upon their career and it helps you understand the basics of Social Care. It is divided into 5 days of theoretical learning followed by a practical assessment whilst you are working on the job on a Workplace Based Assessment. The course is designed to help you provide the evidence that you have understood and met the required standards to pass the course.
The course is suitable not only for Care and Support Workers but it is could be suitable for anyone who works with patients on a day to day basis. For example you may be a volunteer who looks after patients or a porter responsible for moving patients to and from different locations.
The learning outcomes from this course are as follows:
- The Care Certificate teaches the knowledge and skills needed for Health and Social care.
- You will fully understand your role as a Care Worker, your duties to your service users, colleagues and your agency.
- You will understand how to safely move an individual.
- Part of the Care Certificate includes basic first aid training, which covers a wide range of treatments and procedures.
- The course will give an overview of health and mental illnesses and disabilities and ensure you are able to treat every service user no matter their circumstance with dignity and respect.
- Underlining all of these core learning’s, the course will ensure that you are working to the best of your ability whilst always ensuring your work complies with laws and legislations.
- Privacy, confidentiality and data protection and how it affects you as a Care Worker.
- Understanding the safeguarding of adults and children.
- An overview of equality and diversity.
- How to communicate effectively in a care setting.
- Awareness of mental health, dementia and learning disabilities.
- Understanding infection and preventative measures.
Please get in touch to discuss your requirements so that we can tailor our learning experience to suit your needs.