How We Work
Identifying the problem, goal or challenge
Sometimes, this is obvious to the client, other times it can take an outsider’s perspective to identify an area for improvement. Another scenario is that the business goal will determine the areas that we focus our attention on. Regardless of how the work commences, it is vital that this phase is carried out thoroughly and agreed upon by the client and ourselves for the rest of our work to be effective.
What should you actually do to rectify the problems, achieve your goals or simply raise a high quality bar even higher? We’ll put this all into a proposal, outlining what we feel you require. It is important that our approach forms a common ground of what our clients expect from Axela Training and vice versa. Each recommendation will relate back to the initial problem, goal or challenge.
Getting to work
Sometimes we can set you up with plans and processes and periodically check in with you to review how you are doing. Sometimes, our staff will need to embed ourselves a bit more deeply within your organisation to get you on the right track. Once we work out the best approach for you, we will review that approach with you to ensure it fully reflects the goals you are aiming for and then we will start to put plans into action.
Our consultancy can take the form of:
- Working out personal development plans for your staff.
- Staff assessments in an office or care setting. Workplace based assessments, spot checks, monitoring visits and quality of service checks.
- Developing and implementing a recruitment plan.
- Staff retention techniques and strategies.
- Recommending systems tools and technologies that will aid your work and benefit the service users.
- Reviewing and recommending equipment and tools that are being used or are needed.
- A redesign of your current services.
- Assisting in the setup of your new care agency, guiding you through every step of the process.
- Preparing you for important meetings with Local Authorities and the CQC (both pre-meeting coaching and attending meetings alongside you where possible).
- Helping you introduce new services to your current business.
- Report writing, documentation and other business administrative tasks.
- Writing policies and procedures to guide the way that your business operates.
- Care plan reviews.
- Attending meetings regarding staff, service users or other organisations that you would work with in a care setting.
- Management services or assisting your existing management team.
- Helping you navigate CQC’s requirements of your business.
Through this all, we maintain our values of always putting the service user first above all else. Improving your business should be an enjoyable and rewarding process. We are honest, open to your concerns and we don’t settle for sub-standard quality of care just as we wouldn’t settle for this for our loved ones. If we think you can be doing more, we’ll be honest enough to tell you!